Faulty Electrical Cord Leads to Trenton Rowhome Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A Grant Street fire in Trenton was ruled accidental. (Published Sunday, Jul 6, 2014)

    A faulty electrical cord is to blame for a 2-alarm fire that spread to three homes in Trenton Sunday morning.

    The cord sparked a fire at a home on the 400 block of Grand Street shortly before 7 a.m. The fire started on the second floor of the house before spreading to two adjacent rowhomes.

    Responding firefighters brought the flames under control at 7:34 a.m. Six people were displaced from the homes but none of the residents were injured.

    Officials say one firefighter was taken to the hospital and treated for dehydration.

    The Red Cross is currently assisting the displaced residents.