NBC10 - Jesse Gary
Firefighters visited the same home twice in six hours.
Firefighters visited the same home twice in six hours when flames thought to be extinguished began burning again.
The first calls for a fire at the three-bedroom home on the 400 Block of Summit Avenue in Paulsboro went out about 8 p.m. Wednesday. Four companies and 30 firefighters worked to extinguish the flames.
But around 2 a.m. this morning, the Paulsboro Fire Department rushed back to the Gloucester County one-story house after a deputy chief who lives nearby noticed smoke coming from the one-story house.
Either a dryer or a humidifier caught fire in the basement and items, like clothing, helped feed the flames, said Paulsboro Fire Chief Alfonso Giampola.
Giampola says the walls and basement are saturated to the point that the fire will not erupt a third time.
All seven people inside the home at the time made it out safely. The local Red Cross is caring for the family.