Doug Shimell NBC10 - Philadelphia
Authorities evacuated residents in the Logan section of Philadelphia Thursday morning due to a potential gas leak. Residents were displaced after smelling a strong gas odor and were moved to a nearby church. NBC10's Doug Shimell was on the scene.
Twenty homes were evacuated this morning after a gas leak in the Logan section of the city.
Fire officials say they got the call about the leak on the 4500 block of N. 12th Street around 9:00 a.m.
As of 11:00 a.m, people are being allowed to return to their homes and Philadelphia Gas Works tells NBC10 that the gas levels are safe. However, they are still digging to identify a source of the leak.
The Red Cross is assisting evacuated residents at the Rehoboth Temple Church of God at 12th and Wyoming Street.