Electrician Engulfed in Flames at Carpet Store | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Electrician Engulfed in Flames at Carpet Store



    NBC10 Philadelphia
    January 17, 2013: An electrician was engulfed by flames after an explosion inside a carpet store in Bensalem, Bucks County, Pa.

    An electrical explosion inside a Bucks County carpet store engulfed an electrician in flames, leaving him critically injured late Thursday.

    The man was working on an electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet on Street Road in Bensalem.

    The victim, in his 40s, was burned over 80-percent of his body.

    Witnesses say he ran toward the front of the store where a worker tried to help him. That worker also suffered burns to his hands and arms.

    The electrician is hospitalized at Temple Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition, according to Bensalem police.


    Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS