Couple Found in Home Dead for "Some Time"

By Kelly Bayliss
|  Friday, Jan 24, 2014  |  Updated 7:55 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
An elderly couple found dead in their Montgomery County home were not victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, as first suspected.

NBC10.com

An elderly couple found dead in their Montgomery County home were not victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, as first suspected.

Police are investigating the discovery of an elderly couple found dead inside their Montgomery County home Friday morning.

Initially, they suspected the two, who were in their 80s, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, when emergency crews entered the home on N. Trooper Road in Lower Providence Township, they found no evidence to support that theory.

This evening, officials said they think the couple's deaths were not weather-related, and that they have been deceased for "some time."

A neighbor told NBC10's Lu Ann Cahn that she may have been the last person to see the couple alive, and that was back in November. She said they did not have regular visits from anyone.

The bodies were discovered after someone made a call to the Montgomery County Office of Aging and Adult Services, expressing concern because the couple had not been seen in so long.

Autopsies are scheduled for Saturday.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
10 Questions With
We sit down with some of the most... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out