Dog Undergoes Surgery After Eating Pair of Boots | NBC 10 Philadelphia

A little mind candy for the middle of your day

Dog Undergoes Surgery After Eating Pair of Boots

processing...
Country
Total
1
United States
463738121
2
China
26182670
3
Great Britain
27231767

NEWSLETTERS

A dog is recovering after veterinarians removed a pair of women’s boots from his stomach.

The dog, a 4-year-old mixed breed named Vince, ate a pair of calf-high women’s Frye boots Friday afternoon, according to his owners, who live in Philadelphia.

Vince was taken to the Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center (VSEC) in Philadelphia where he underwent surgery Saturday afternoon.

“These X-rays are absolutely remarkable, especially given that you can see and count the number of eyelets on the boots,” said Dr. Laura Tseng, a board-certified specialist in critical care and emergency medicine with VSEC. “The sheer volume of what he ate is impressive and caused a very serious emergency situation.”

Doctors at VSEC said the volume of the leather material was so large that Vince’s stomach was unable to pass the material into his small intestines. The material was removed manually during his surgery.

“If your pet is experiencing vomiting, lethargy or a lack of appetite, these are all signs a foreign body may be present and they should see a veterinarian as soon as possible,” said Tseng.

Vince’s surgery was successful, according to a VSEC spokesman. He is expected to be released from the center Sunday.