Fire Forces Residents Out of Condos

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Roughly 300 apartments had to be evacuated early this morning after one condo bedroom went up flames.

    A fire broke out at a Montgomery County condominium complex early this morning leaving a woman hurt.

    The 70-year-old victim suffered smoke inhalation when fire broke out in the bedroom of her apartment on the fourth floor of the Grand at Riverview along 200 W Elm Street in Conshohocken, Pa. around 4 a.m. Wednesday, according to Conshohocken Police.

    They say the fire quickly grew to two alarms but was contained only to the bedroom.

    Residents were evacuated from about 140 units in the 200 building, but most were back in their homes by early Thursday afternoon.

    Crews fought the fire and checked the safety of the building through the morning.

    An exact cause of the fire is pending investigation.

    Click here for more news from Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.