Carbon Monoxide Detected in Center City High-Rise, Residents Evacuated

By David Chang
|  Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014  |  Updated 5:26 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Carbon Monoxide Detected in Center City High-Rise

NBC10.com

advertisement

Around 300 residents returned to their homes after carbon monoxide was detected inside a Center City high-rise Monday night.

Shortly before 9 p.m., elevated CO readings were detected inside the Casa Enrico Farnese Senior Apartment Complex on 13th and Lombard Streets. The residents were evacuated from their units and kept inside the lobby of the building.

Firefighters searched the 19-story building and Red Cross volunteers were also sent to the scene. Around 11:15 p.m., a Red Cross spokesman announced that the scene was under control. The residents later returned to their units.

No one was injured during the incident.

Also on NBC10.com:


 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first 2014... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out