Bail Stays at $2M for Man Accused of Beating Wife to Death

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK

    Bail will remain at $2 million for a northern New Jersey man accused of fatally beating his wife during an argument at their home last week.

    Thomas Fabbricatore's lawyer had sought a lower bail during a court hearing held Friday, saying the amount was excessive. But The Record reports the judge told him to request a separate bail hearing.

    The bail reduction request came as Fabbricatore pleaded not guilty to murder. The 64-year-old Hackensack resident initially was charged with attempted murder, but the charge was upgraded after his 58-year-old wife, Beth, died from her injuries.

    Authorities responded to the couple's home Nov. 12 after receiving an anonymous tip. They said Thomas Fabbricatore told them there was nothing wrong, but police found his wife on the floor with grave injuries.

    Also on NBC10.com: