2-Month-Old Boy Dead; Father Remains in Jail | NBC 10 Philadelphia

2-Month-Old Boy Dead; Father Remains in Jail



    Two-month-old Hassan Armstrong died Sunday as a result of his injuries from alleged abuse by his father Brian Armstrong. (Published Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014)

    A 2-month-old baby boy is dead and his father is behind bars Sunday.

    Twenty-year-old Brian Armstrong brought his infant son, Hassan, to a local hospital Friday in extremely critical condition.  The child succumbed to his injuries -- which were extensive -- at 1:55 p.m. Sunday, according to hospital officials.

    Baby Boy on Life Support

    [PHI] Baby Boy on Life Support
    The father of a young boy who is on life support was arrested in connection to the death of his son.
    (Published Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014)

    Police began questioning Armstrong Friday evening after his account of what happened did not match up with the injuries sustained by Hassan. The next day, authorities charged the father with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children and other related offenses. Charges are expected to be upgraded now that the baby has died.

    Armstrong frantically ran out of his home on the 6200 block of Old York Road in the city's West Oak Lane section Friday afternoon with the child limp in his arms, according to witnesses.

    Screaming for someone to help, the father, the child's grandfather and Hassan, who had blood coming out of his ear, were rushed by a passerby to Albert Einstein Medical Center, witnesses said.

    Officials with Albert Einstein informed police around 5:20 p.m. Friday that the 2-month-old was in the emergency room with injuries to his ribs and skull.

    Dad Arrested After Infant Son Hospitalized

    [PHI] Dad Arrested After Infant Son Hospitalized
    Police began questioning 20-year-old Brian Armstrong Friday evening when his infant son was hospitalized in extremely critical condition. On Saturday, Armstrong was charged with aggravated assault.
    (Published Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014)

    The infant was transferred to Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children, where he was resuscitated at least once and placed on life support before succumbing to his injuries Sunday, according to officials.

    The father was arraigned Sunday morning and bail was set at $5 million.

    Police say the mother was at work at the time of the incident.