At least two families were displaced after a fire destroyed a Pottstown home Sunday.
Investigators say the fire broke out around 6 a.m. on the 300 block of Union Alley.
Edward Spence told NBC10 his son was cooking French fries and left the stove unattended. The fire quickly spread throughout the house leaving six adults and five children without a place to live.
“I wanted to get the fire out but I couldn't do it so the next thing was to get everybody out of the house and everyone is safe and nobody got hurt,” Edward Spence told NBC10.com.
Neighbors donated some winter coats to Spence and his children. The Red Cross is also assisting the family with a place to stay for a couple of days.