It happened around 5:40 p.m. at the school’s engineering building on 30 Ogden Street.
Around 100 people were evacuated after a gas leak inside a Princeton University building.
It happened around 5:40 p.m. at the school’s engineering building on 30 Ogden Street. Officials say a silane gas leak in a laboratory on the fourth floor triggered an alarm.
Around 100 people, including a graduate student who was working in the lab, evacuated the building. No one was injured.
An automatic system shut down the gas lines and ventilated the laboratory, according to a Princeton official. Police and hazmat crews arrived at the scene, inspected the building and cleared it shortly after 8 p.m.