A man was hospitalized after a house explosion in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the 40-year-old man was cleaning a stove while the gas was still on inside a home on 2000 block of Foster Street. As the man was cleaning, he lit a cigarette, causing an explosion, according to investigators.
The explosion shattered the windows of the home and caused a window frame to smash into a car. Despite the blast, the house did not collapse, according to investigators.
The man was taken to the hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was hurt.
Nearby homes were evacuated as firefighters and PGW officials arrived at the scene. Those residents were allowed back inside later Wednesday night.
Click here for more news from Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.