Three firefighters were sent to the hospital. Officials have not yet revealed if they were hospitalized due to the fire or the chemicals.
Three firefighters are in the hospital after a garage fire in West Bradford Township.
The fire broke out around 6:30 p.m. at the home of an unemployed chemist on the 1300 block of Westminster Drive, according to investigators. While firefighters were able to place it under control in about 90 minutes, hazmat crews were called to the scene after officials say they discovered chemicals inside the garage.
Three firefighters were sent to the hospital and are being evaluated. Officials have not yet revealed if they were hospitalized due to the fire or the chemicals. Smoke plumes are still exiting the garage, according to investigators. Nearby residents are being asked to stay in their homes due to the chemicals.