Electrician Engulfed in Flames at Carpet Store

By Karen Araiza
|  Thursday, Jan 17, 2013  |  Updated 7:05 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Electrician Engulfed in Flames at Carpet Store

NBC10 Philadelphia

January 17, 2013: An electrician was engulfed by flames after an explosion inside a carpet store in Bensalem, Bucks County, Pa.

advertisement

An electrical explosion inside a Bucks County carpet store engulfed an electrician in flames, leaving him critically injured late Thursday.

The man was working on an electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet on Street Road in Bensalem.

The victim, in his 40s, was burned over 80-percent of his body.

Witnesses say he ran toward the front of the store where a worker tried to help him. That worker also suffered burns to his hands and arms.

The electrician is hospitalized at Temple Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition, according to Bensalem police.

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first 2014... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out