UNSPECIFIED - UNDATED: In this handout photo provided by Columbia Pictures, Columbia Pictures releases the first image of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. (Photo by John Schwartzman/Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. via Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Andrew Garfield
Superheroes, monsters and badass dystopian heroines, oh my!
It's officially Comic-Con season, nerd herd, with the nerdiest and (coolest) pop culture event of the year kicking off Thursday in San Diego. 2013 is shaping up to be one of the Con's biggest years ever, with big reunions happening on the TV side of things, including panels for "The X-Files" and "Veronica Mars," as well as "Dexter" and "Breaking Bad's" final appearances ever.
But the movie panels are just as epic, with "The Hunger Games" attending for the first time to promote the franchise's second installment and superhero flicks "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and "Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier" swinging back in to ramp up excitement for their returns.
So which panels should you already be in line for (Oh Hall H, you cruel mistress)? We've compiled a list of six can't-miss movie panels:
1. "Amazing Spider-Man 2": Given the buzz surrounding the sequel, including rumors of Gwen Stacy's (Emma Stone) death, a major new villain (Whattup, Jamie Foxx!) and Mary Jane's (Shailene Woodley) introduction being pushed to film three, this panel will probably be chock full of Spidey goodies. Plus, Andrew Garfield knows how to do Comic-Con right. Friday at 4:05 p.m. in Hall H.
2. "Divergent": Billed as the next "Hunger Games," Woodley, Theo James, Maggie Q, Miles Teller and more will tease this adaptation of Veronica Roth's dystopian bestseller. Fingers crossed we'll get our first look at the chemistry between Tris (Woodley) and Four (James). Double fingers crossed for a sneak peek at the ferris wheel scene. Thursday at 3:50 p.m. in Hall H.
3. "Godzilla": Stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston will most likely be on the panel for this secretive reboot, which dominated headlines at last year's Con after a short teaser was shown. Let's see what a full trailer can do, shall we?! Saturday at 10:45 a.m. in Hall H.
4. "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire": Though no stars have been confirmed to attend the panel, this is still arguably the most buzzed-about film heading to San Diego. And you know Jennifer Lawrence will totally be there. May the odds of securing a seat be ever in your favor. Saturday at 1:35 p.m. in Hall H.
5. "Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier": We've got a fever, and the only prescription is footage from this highly-anticipated sequel, especially if it features new leading lady Emily VanCamp and Sebastian Stan as the Winter Soldier. Chris Evans, VanCamp and Stan are all set to attend. Saturday at 6 p.m. in Hall H.
6. "X-Men: Days of Future Past": While no castmembers have yet to be confirmed, we're guessing loads of fan favorites will be present, given the large cast for the highly-anticipated follow-up to "First Class," including Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart and many more. Also: Long live McFassy! Saturday at 4:15 p.m. in Hall H.