Kicker Alex Henery is under contract and ready to show that he can replace David Akers.
The Philadelphia Eagles should have a lot of new faces when practice starts Thursday, that’s because on Wednesday they agreed to terms with nine of their 11 draft picks.
Exact details of the deals weren’t released, but the team could confirm that they inked second-round pick S Jaiquawn Jarrett who played his college ball at Temple and K/P Alex Henery who was the “most accurate kicker in NCAA history” -- converting nearly 90 percent of his 76 field goal attempts while at Nebraska.
The rest of the Birds under contract and expected at Lehigh are:
- Third-round pick CB Curtis Marsh
- Fourth-round pick LB Casey Matthews
- Fifth-round pick RB Dion Lewis
- Fifth-round G Julian Vandervelde
- Sixth-round C/G Jason Kelce
- Sixth-round LB Brian Rolle
- Seventh-round FB Stanley Havili
The signings leave only first-round pick OL Danny Watkins and seventh-round LB Greg Lloyd unsigned.
The nine newbies join the nearly one dozen free agent rookies the Eagles inked Tuesday.
Now if the Birds would only sign a couple vets.